How to Dress the Hourglass Figure To Office
Looking professional can be tricky for women that are having an hourglass figure. In the last month I received several emails on the same subject: ladies asking me what to wear for a professional office look.
Business style for the hourglass figure
You have an hourglass figure if you have a well-defined waistline, fuller hips and bust, and generous thighs. Since this silhouette is considered to be very feminine and sexy, some of these women (myself included) have difficulties when choosing a professional look.
Don’t hide those curves
First of all, enjoy your amazing body. Hiding your body under clothes will kill your confidence and make you look unnatural.
Secondly, adopt the right attitude. Most of the time, it is not about your clothes but your attitude: The way we walk, the way we talk, the way we smile. If all of these are appropriate, then you don’t have to worry about that sexy body.
Style advice For an hourglass figure
- If there is something that you really like, find a tailor and let him cut the item according to your body. You could also buy a skirt with a larger size, and let the tailor take care of the rest so that it feels more comfortable.
- Accentuate your awesome waistline wearing belts, wrap dresses and A-line skirts (see outfits below) … They are not tight on the body and give you a very feminine and elegant look!
- When it comes to colours, you can wear dark colours for those body parts you would like to hide.
- Choose V-neckline blouses
Dont’s for ladies with an hourglass figure
- Don’t wear skinny-leg pants, especially not to the office.
- Avoid higher necklines and fabrics as lycra or transparent fabrics. At work, always wear a camisole under your blouses.
- Don’t wear shapeless designs because you will look 5 kilos bigger. Avoid baby doll cuts as well because (as I like to laugh about a lot) they will make you look pregnant.
- Accessories: chunky heels, belts on your hips, big and chunky necklaces.
Read here more tips for your body shape: Party Dresses for the Hourglass Figure.
Peplum dress for Hourglass figure
Pencil skirt outfits
A-line skirts for the hourglass body shape
Wrap dresses for a feminine and elegant look
Read here more tips for your body shape: Party Dresses for an hourglass figure